Classmates!

Sunday 20 June 2010

What makes us chileans?


Well, there are a lot of things that make us Chileans. First of all, an ownership and a special connection with land. I did not born here in Chile, but my parents came to live in this country when I was 6 years old. I remember a few things about my life out of Chile, all the memories I have are from this country. And also, I feel Chilean... I celebrate all the September 18ths and I eat "chilean empanadas" like all people here. And I also know how to do them, last year I cooked some empanadas to my friends, They loved them =) This year, with a friend who is vegetarian, we are thinking to do empanadas with soja meat. I think it will work good, they will be delicious!

(I did not watch the game Chile-Honduras, because I was asleep)...I was not very patriot, but I was so tired and I had to study for a horrible Marketing test. Though, tomorrow I hope to redeem myself. We are going to win!! Reading this, football is a thing that make us chileans, it is very exciting to see people feeling happy when the are encouraging the chilean team :D

Food is another thing that make us chileans. We can find empanadas, pastel de Choclo, humitas, sopaipillas and cazuela...I'm hungry now...Chilean food is delicious, and people really love it, but generally they eat it not much, for example, in September people is more chilean than the rest of the year and they eat a lot of chilean food, because is the patriotic month.

Beeing on our land is another thing that make us chilean, for example, enjoy landscapes and all our territory (sometimes, tourists seems to enjoy them more than chileans, but however). The diversity make us chileans too, since landscapes in the north towards the south, the people is different too, they are nicer than Santiago's population.

No comments:

Post a Comment